Friday, August 31, 2012

A bit of beading, stitching and an exchange

Beaded this up this past week - Fern Ridge's Pretty Peas a fun little scissor fob.  I just love what Fern Ridge comes up with for Ideas!!
 Had a workshop with Cathrine Jordan this past spring and this is the project - a small sewing roll.  I am finishing one for one of the ladies in the class - it is almost done!!!  then I will tackle mine which as you can see on the left is barely started.  This was a fun project done all in black and some silver metallic.  One uses various stitches to cover the marked areas.  I used satin stitch, pin stitch, eyelets, running, French knots and just some long stab stitches.  I think it looks pretty good and the gal who I am doing it for loves it!! thats all that matters - right??
 Below is a good portion of Lounging Hare stitched.  I still have quite a bit to go, but I have taken a few days break from it and will go back sometime next week.
 Here is the cover photo of the finished Lounging Hare by Sherri Jones.
 I took part in an ornament exchange - below is what I stitched
 and this is what I received.  Love the colors of the ornment I received - both designs came from Blackbird's Christmas Garden.
Well, off to listen to an audio book and do some beading    ---

Until Later ----------------  Roberta

5 comments:

Gillie said...

Hmm, beading.... NO, away with you, wicked one, do not tempt me! I have enough especially now knitting has come onto the list! What are you listening to?

Margaret said...

Such eye candy! Love seeing everything -- and that beaded piece is just wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beading and stitching in one project. That's wicked. Its really pretty.
financial advisors

Caz said...

That black work looks amazing,,,

Melanie said...

What a great bunch of projects you've got going!! The beaded fob is so pretty. The colors are so bright and cherry and it really does scream 'peas'.