Saturday, June 5, 2010

Scissor Keeper Exchange

Hi everyone, finally finished work at the temp job and hoping to get some order back in my life, at least for a week!!! We leave on vacation next Thursday!!! I know, my life is just way too busy, it is amazing I get anything done at all!!

I participated in a scissor exchange which was fun.

Below is a scissor bag that I sent to my exchange partner Angela.

This was a kit that I purchased when I was in England a few years ago and I thought it was cute and a bit different. Obviously, I didn't get it stitched (is this a surprise!!) but thought it would be fun to stitch for the exchange. It is a bit different than most scissor keepers but I liked the idea of a bag. The design was really pretty and the colors were lovely. I think if I do this again for me, I will change some of the tones to be a bit deeper. I am not really a pastel type of gal even though I like the look.
Below is the exchange piece I received from Kathy who was my exchange partner. Isn't this adorable, I love the colors.
I also love the little pink bag and the Mary Engelbreit card - I love Mary Engelbreit things. Thanks for stopping by -- will try to get a quick post off before I go to Italy and France.

Roberta




11 comments:

Margaret said...

I love both pieces! Glad your temp job is done and you're all ready for vacation.

Deb said...

I love both of those pieces. Hope that you have a wonderful time on vacation and maybe get a little bit of stitching done!

Nancy said...

The scissor keeper you made and the one you received are beautiful! What a fun exchange.

Raven/Missy said...

The scissor keep you made and the one your received are gorgeous!

Have a great time on your vacation!

Sherry said...

I love your goodies. Both pieces are wonderful!

Melanie said...

Love 'em both!! :)

woolwoman said...

what a great exchange! Hope you have a marvelous time on vacation - Mel

Colleen said...

What a great idea for an exchange. Both pieces are wonderful. Enjoy the vacation!!

Siobhán said...

Both pieces are wonderful, Roberta!

Kathy said...

I am so glad you liked it. This was my first attempt at this type of finishing.

Have a great vacation!

Solstitches said...

Lovely gifts both given and received.
A very happy exchange!

Margaret