Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall is here!

Cooler air feels so good and wearing slacks and sweaters is such a nice change from wearing summer clothing.

Below is the landing on the staircase that I decorated for Fall and Halloween. Everything there is hand made except for the Black Squirrel. The wishing well is from a gourd that I found in a craft show in Ohio. The pillows I made and the pumpkins where made by a friends son.
This is my front entry hall. Found this really neat pumpkin holder that looks like a spider web. If you click on the picture you can see it in better detail - it is on the left side.
Here is my little witch pendant - she is stitched over one. She is resting on another of the needle felted pumpkins done by my friend MaryAnn's son Brian.
Many years ago, I had taken up Tole painting, this other little witch was done in a class 15 years ago. I just think she is so cute, wish I could still paint like that!! Hope to get out into the yard and take some pictures, my Azaleas are blooming like mad and so are my Camilla's. It has been a very rainy week but it looks like the sun may be out and shining today!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the Fall Season and thank you for stopping by to visit.

Roberta

9 comments:

Quiltpassion.blogspot.com said...

I love your photos and the painted witch is superb!!!!
Greetings, Cisca

Nancy said...

I love this Autumn weather too Roberta! We bought some apple cider this morning.

Your decorations are wonderful! You can see that you really welcome this season. Everything you stitched is very pretty! I love your spider web pumpkin holder, and the felted pumpkins by your friend's son are beautiful.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love all the cute decorations and you have the set up so cute. CJ ok;-)

Deb said...

Love your fall decorating! Everything looks so nice.

Anonymous said...

Beautifull!!!
Françoise

Siobhán said...

What fun pictures, Roberta! I loved seeing how you decorate for the season.

Brigitte said...

Oh Roberta, what a wonderful display of fall and Halloween decoration.

angelasweby said...

Roberta,
What a lovely Halloween display. I love those pumpkins especially the lovely felted one made by your friend's son. The little witch pendant is absolutely gorgeous and the spider's web holder is really pretty.
Thank you for inviting us round :>)
Warm wishes Angela

Shashi Rao said...

Thhis was lovely to read