Sunday, June 14, 2009

Progress with my SALs

No please do not faint - I am once again posting within the same week!!!

Here is my progress on Sanctuary - I am so loving doing this sampler - cannot believe I had put it down - Well yes I can, there is a mistake, but I have grown as a person and since I didn't see it until just the other day - I figure - all is OK!!! So the mistake stays - it is so minor - what a fussy person I must have been!!!
Below is my Quaker Sampler that is also a SAL with some friends on FortheLoveofstitching group by Tanya Anderson - The Sampler Girl. I am hoping for an August/September finish with this.
Didn't stitch as much this weekend - still cleaning out my sewing room and stash - not getting rid of much!!!! but finding all kinds of wonderful projects that I have to find time and life to get done!! Exercise, eat right and think good thoughts - hummmm!!

Have a great Day --- Roberta

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Both of these are very beautiful projects Roberta! Your stitching is so perfect. I know what you mean about being fussy. Sometimes I can't have one thing wrong with a stitched piece, and on another I feel it gives it character. Just depends on the piece I think. Yours are gorgeous!

Françoise said...

Extraordinary!!!
françoise

Deb said...

Both are beautiful projects. I'm a Drawn Thread fan and I love your piece. And don't fuss about the mistakes - I just leave mine - no one is ever going to know. I started doing that when I was in Amish country and saw something written that only God is perfect and we as humans are prone to mistakes. I kind of liked that so have left mine - they make the piece more individual that way!

mainely stitching said...

Love your projects, Roberta!!

Jeanne said...

Hi Roberta! Yes you must finish up Sanctuary- I finally got mine framed last year and love seeing it up on the wall every time I pass by. Sometimes I lose interest in a piece when something goes awry or I don't like the way something looks - we do get way too fussy! Glad you are back getting some stitching done.

Siobhán said...

Both are beautiful, Roberta! And I say to forget the mistake. I say it makes the piece your own. ;)

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Roberta, this is what I call fast stitching. I love both projects very much.

Heidi said...

Great SAL project Roberta. I love the Quaker Christmas. Are you back home again?

I have new blogs as my old account was full. Stop in and say hello when you get a chance.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Solstitches said...

Both of these projects are beautiful Roberta.
Good luck with achieving your objective of finishing the Quaker Christmas.
Leading a SAL is the best motivation isn't it?