Sunday, June 7, 2009

Miss Penny and my PS Exchange

Here is Miss Penny - my children gave me the kit this past Christmas and I just worked on her occasionally at the kitchen table while waiting for dinner or having my morning coffee and watching the news. She is from Olde Colonial Designs - isn't she just precious!
Here is a close up of her apron - sorry for the blurryness - I have a very old digital (one of the first to come out way back when! hoping for a new camera for B'day or Christmas)

Here is the little needlebook again a bit blurry!
Thought she might look pretty with the Hydranga's from my garden - the little green bottle is an old fashion fly catcher!
I belong to the PS exchange group and this is what I received from Gaby in Germany, isn't this beautiful - I love the colors - it is a mattress pinkeep - she also put our initials on the back, Thank you Gaby - I love it!
Below is what I sent for my PS exchange - Barbara in The Netherlands is orginally from New England and will be going back with her family for a visit - when I saw the July PS booklet, I knew this would be perfect for her.
I just love the little lobster!!
Well, off to get some more finishing done and some stitching done and some housework done!!!

Have a great day ---- Roberta

15 comments:

Nancy said...

A beautiful post Roberta! Miss Penny is so charming and pretty, and you did a gorgeous job of stitching and finishing her.

Both exchange pieces are lovely. I like that little lobster too! That fly catcher is pretty nifty.

Enjoy your day!

Jill said...

Hello Roberta,
I love the PS piece you did. I kind of have a fondness for lighthouses. And that Miss Penny, she is beautiful.

FYI--Do you have a Gingher "Roberta" scissors? If not, check out Carol's blog, carolsxsblog.blogspot.com, they have some that they are closing out. If you are lucky enough to have Gingher name a scissors after you, you really should have one! LOL!

Take care,
Jill

Brigitte said...

Oh Roberta, Miss Penny is soooo sweet. I admire your finishing skills very much. She looks so pretty next to the Hydrangeas.
What you stitched for Barbara is such a thoughtful and excellent piece. I love it.
I also love the mattress pincushion you've received from Gaby. I was sitting at her table when she was finishing it. I was sure that you would like it.

angelasweby said...

Wow Roberta,
Miss Penny is just gorgeous. What a lovely gift from your children. now she is finished they'll have to get you something else to do while dinner cooks :>)
I love her little face and the clothes and needlebook are so sweet.
The PS exchange looks like a great success especially where you and your partner were concerned.
Roberta I just had to say, I adore that wonderful box Miss Penny is leaning against :>)
Hugs Angela

mainely stitching said...

Your stitching is so beautiful! I love the wee doll! And your needlebook is a treasured item here!! :D

hazel said...

Miss Penny is so delightful Roberta and unusual. Your exchange gift is nice also the one you received. Thankyou for sharing.
Hugs, Hazel (UK)

Deb said...

I love Miss Penny - she is so sweet! You really did a great job stitching and finishing!

Nancy said...

Miss Penny is very cute. All of the stitching is really pretty.
Nancy

Fran├žoise said...

OMG Miss Penny is so pretty!!!
finish perfect!!!

wonderfull!!!
hugs
fran├žoise

Siobhan said...

Miss Penny is adorable, as are all of the exchange pieces!! You do beautiful work, Roberta!

Solstitches said...

Miss Penny is quite delightful Roberta!
You did such a beautiful job of stitching her apron and needlebbok.
I love the PS gifts both given and received.
I agree, the little lobster is really cute.

Michelle said...

Miss Penny is fabulous! And I just love that PS Needlebook, that lobster is perfect!!

Ivory Spring said...

Hello Roberta,

This is my first time visiting you - what a lovely blog you have. I love your Miss Penny.

http://www.ivoryspring.wordpress.com

Caroline said...

Miss Penny is just adorable! I love the queen stitches (my favorite, as you know :) ) So glad you are finding time to stitch these days--it makes us girls HAPPY!

Love you and miss you,
Caroline

Sassy J said...

What beautiful Hydranga's...they are my all time favorite but I have trouble growing them...I guess because I want them so BAD! That is Awesome you have been sewing since you were a child....I have just learned how to cross stich and you are right, it is so relaxing and it takes you to a quiet place. Love your blog....Jennifer